Tuesday 12 April 2011

Swim diapers

With the warm sun shining I can’t stop thinking about trips to the splash pads all over the GTA and day trips to Centre Island. Last year I made some of those trips with my little guy in my belly, I can’t believe how much has happened over the last year!
Today on my new favorite deals site (http://www.babyhalfoff.com/) they offered Monkey Doodlez swim diapers. I have not put much though into what the boys would be wearing in the pool or splash pads, I always used the disposable swim diapers. A friend linked me to a site discussing cloth swim diapers and the option of using regular cloth diapers as swim diapers (without the absorbent liner). The purpose of a swim diaper is to hold in the poop messes, so a pocket diaper cover would definitely get the job done.
In the splash pad I would not want to use a diaper without the liner…I don’t want to have to guess if it’s water running out of the cover or pee!
I’m not sure I’m ready to see what the chlorine in our local pool will do to my brand new cloth, but I would love to hear from anyone who has used either cloth swim diapers or covers for swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment