Sunday 1 May 2011

Social Media

I think blogging could be one of the best and worst things I could have found. Since I’ve been thinking of doing this blog I have spent hours and hours (and hours) on the net. I’ve been checking out other people’s blogs, company blogs and pages about blogs. Not to mention all the great cloth diaper and children’s product sites I’ve found.
Before blogging took over my “free” time, I would tease J (my husband) and ask if he had found the end of the internet yet. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve done my fair share of searching for the end before I had kids. I have found that if I spend all day on the computer now, my house will be torn apart; it’s just not worth it now. So I’m working on finding the balance and I think it’s going to take some time.
Somehow I have ended up on Twitter and Facebook (fan page) as well, probably not the best way to find time at home but definitely entertaining!
I have found Twitter to be the best social media source yet and I’m surprised it took me until now to sign up. It is fast info that you can explore further or just take it as the 140 characters or less “tweet”. I have been learning how to limit myself to under 140 and it can be difficult. I’m not sure that this is a great idea to be teaching the next generation but it goes with the times of everything needing to be faster and more efficient.
I will continue to enjoy the breaks I get to blog, read about my readers, and the spare minute I get to “tweet”...but I will also be enjoying my son’s and this beautiful weather headed our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment